What are the tenant’s responsibilities in a move out situation?

  • Proper notice must be given to Property Force to initiate the move out process, please refer to your lease and contact us directly.
  • Anything that is broken during your stay will be charged back to your tenant ledger and due upon receipt.  Below are some items you as a tenant are responsible for.
  • Plumbing clogs from 2’ Below the sink  trap up are the tenants responsibility.
  • Replacement of light bulbs, no matter the ceiling height.
  • Common area and garage light bulbs will be replaced at the owner's expense.
  • Cosmetic damage to appliance are the responsibility of the tenant
  • Cosmetic damage to the internal finishings like cabinets, counter tops, walls, ceiling, flooring.
  • To leave the unit in a professionally clean manner when you move out.  The majority of tenants moving out hire us to clean the unit so the responsibility is passed onto us.

Do you accept pets?


We are a pet-friendly company, but different units have different rules. Pets are assessed and allowed on a case-by-case basis, usually with a pet deposit. If you are considering getting a pet and are already in one of our units, please check with us first to avoid any disputes later on.

What's the procedure for renting a new apartment with a roommate?


A rental application and credit-check is necessary for each person moving into the unit, even if that person will not be named on the lease. Security deposits are usually split between the roommates, however those decisions are left to the rental party.

What's the procedure for bringing in a new roommate on a previously rented unit?


All units have different rules and regulations.  Please contact Property Force if this situation presents itself.

What fees are required for move-in?


Generally, we ask for a security deposit and the first month's rent. These must be paid in secured funds (Cashier’s Check, Money Order, Cash or our secure Online Portal), prior to receipt of keys for move-in.

If I move-in mid-month, is that when I pay my rent each month?


No. For any move-in that occurs on a day other than the First, we charge pro-rated rent the second month of tenancy in order to bring the Rent Due Date to the first of each month. These terms will be in your lease agreement, and explained to you at lease-signing.

What is the procedure for moving out of my unit?


If your lease is about to end, that does not mean you are required to move, or that we anticipate a move-out. We are always happy to negotiate a lease renewal or extension. However, if you decide to move-out, you MUST mail, fax, or email us a written "30 Day Notice" of your intent to vacate. Follow this with a call to the office to confirm receipt of the notice.

Please Note: If you are not moving out at the exact end of the month, pro-rated rent will be due which MUST be paid at the beginning of the month.

What if it’s only a roommate moving out?


All units have different rules and regulations.  Please contact Property Force if this situation presents itself.

Tenant Liability Insurance


Owners of properties in San Francisco or San Mateo county can request a tenant to have renters/liability insurance to cover the unit.  We can provide a policy to anyone outside of San Francisco County that can be included in your monthly rent for an additional charge of $12.50/mo.  For anyone in San Francisco County a renters/liability policy must have a minimum of $300,000 in coverage, per the San Francisco Apartment Association.